[NatureNS] Red Oak Tree measurements

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:16:28 -0300
From: "Larry at Bogan.ca" <larry@bogan.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

There are 12 recorded large Red Oaks listed in the big tree project for Nature Nova Scotia (naturns.ca/node/12) ranging in diameter from 1.12 to 1.45 m in diameter. The Red Oak is by far the most measured large tree in the list.

I would encourage naturalists to measure more large tree of all species and send them in to be put on the list. The plan is to collect measurements from all counties of the province and all species - not just the very biggest. There are many counties and species with no measurements so there are many opportunities to contribute. All it takes is a tape measure and a camera ---- and a large old tree that you find.

See the naturens.ca big tree pages for more info.

--
Larry Bogan
Cambridge Station, Nova Scotia