[NatureNS] More about butterflies

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 13:16:31 -0300

I downloaded the photos from last week.
I just went to the front yard as the sun is warming it and found 4 Red
Admirals and a Monarch that I managed to get photos of..on October 7th.!  A
first for me. One of the Red Admirals is quite tattered and has retired to
the fir tree to nestle amongst the fir needles and another, in beautiful
shape, is feeding very deeply on one of the rotten tomatoes. I know it looks
terrible to have such a thing in my yard but it is staying until there is no
longer any interest in it.

A lovely little girl is leading a Thanksgiving Day Parade around my
neighbour's property and everyone is enjoying themselves immensely,
including me. Soon I'll have to go to the family gathering but if you are
going by, feel free to stop in and check out the rotten tomatoes. They have
neat visitors.
Happy Thanksgiving, all.

Marg Millard, White point, Queens
http://MargMillard.ca