[NatureNS] imm. y.-cr. night heron seen again, Wolfville, up to a week ago

To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: "James W. Wolford" <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 16:02:05 -0300

I just found out that our old friend, the imm. YELLOW-CROWNED NIGHT
HERON, was probably seen again twice, in downtown Wolfville, in a
tree near bird feeders behind THE PITA HOUSE and next-door pizzeria,
by proprietors Wanda (surname withheld) and Billy Bob.  Wanda gave a
good description, was very excited, and took notice both times when
her regular blue jays went nuts!! with excitement .  She guesses the
most recent sighting was about a week ago, and the other presence
about three days before that.

This location along Main St. is just across Gaspereau Avenue from the
Nette/Hennessy Dentistry clinic, where it was seen earlier, and only
a block or two from the Wolfville Harbour where Richard Stern saw and
photographed it at dusk on Aug. 23??  Photos also were gotten from
the dentistry clinic, but most recently we only have a spoken
description, which fit our suspected bird pretty well (but, of
course, would not exclude the possibility of a young BCNH or even
some other long-legged bird that stands on one leg and scares blue jays.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville.