[NatureNS] NS Bird Society Meeting Oct. 25 "Member Slide Night"

From: ulli@dunlin.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:16:46 -0300

The Nova Scotia Bird Society will host their "Members Slide Night" on Thursday Oct. 25 in
the Museum of Natural History, Halifax.

After we got snowed and iced out two years in a row this popular event was moved from its
traditional January time slot to increase the chance for weather conditions that will allow
members and guests to attend the meeting.

Starting 7:30pm we hope to see plenty of bird and nature themed photography produced by
our members and friends.  Everyone is encouraged to actively participate, i.e. show us some
of their images.  Those don't have to be of front cover quality, so don't be shy.
- Images of birds that need to be identified
- Images of birds as they are
- Images of habitat and all the critters found within
- .......

In the digital age we can project images and short video clips in all common image formats
such as jpg, gif, .....
Just bring your images to the meeting on a CD or a USB stick, even memory cards straight
from your camera will work.  We will put them temporarily on a computer on site and project
them on the wall.

If you can not be there in person but still wish to share some of your images with us feel free
to send them as email attachment (uhoeger@dal.ca,  no later then Wednesday Oct.24)  and
we will screen them on your behalf.

For the NSBS

Ulli