[NatureNS] Massive grey seal cull set to get Senate panel's

From: Fritz McEvoy <fritzmcevoy@hotmail.com>
To: NS NATURE <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 11:52:06 -0300

4:51=20
--_45693811-334d-45d7-b002-ae6f651dc858_

Hi All=2C
   This seal cull appears to me to have little to do with killing seals or =
helping the cod fishery recover=3B but rather=2C from my cynical eye=2C mor=
e like an attempt to shore up Atlantic Canada CPC political support.=20
=20
   I don't know if culling seals will help the cod fishery recover=2C or no=
t=2C and neither does DFO or anyone else for that matter. Killing a bunch o=
f seals may provide some data proving seals eat a lot of cod or it may prov=
e seals eat more cod predators than cod. We don't know.
=20
   In the end it will provide a few Atlantic Canada jobs  (a very good thin=
g)=2C some very expensive scientific data on what Gray seals eat or don't e=
at and=2C most importantly to the Government=2C some good publicity and may=
be a even a few future votes for the CPC.  All the best.
               =20
                  Fritz McEvoy
                  Sunrise Valley=2C CB =20
=20