[NatureNS] Lark Bunting

From: "Don MacNeill" <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
To: "NaturenNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 11:08:26 -0300

Bernice Moores and I drove across the Marsh Road on Digby Neck yesterday on
our way back from Brier Island.  I took photos of an unusual bird which Ian
McLaren has now confirmed as a young Lark Bunting.  This is a bird that I
have only seen before in Arizona and New Mexico.

Ron d'Entremont's nephew Alix may have taken a picture of the same bird.  As
a relatively new birder, this would be an exciting addition to his list.

The bird was at the first road going up to the dykes off the Marsh Rd.  This
is the same location where the Snow Buntings were located.

Don

Don MacNeill
donmacneill@bellaliant.net