[NatureNS] White Point report includes a red admiral butterfly

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 14:22:07 -0300

Today we have  chipmunks friends working the gardens, two: on with a  tail
and one without. Also was quite surprised to see we have a lovely male
Evening Grosbeak trying to feed at the chickadee feeder, then finally going
after the general feeder where there was the remainder of millet and scraps
from this mornings meal.
There are now a couple Nuthatches, one considerably larger than another.
Different sparrows, chickadees, juncos and blue Jays. Starlings and grackles
seem to have moved off again thankfully and a smaller hawk. Not a sharpie,
I'm certain. Too heavily set and larger. Also saw a Blue jay grabbed by a
shrike? right on the grapevine. Just a blast of feathers.
A Red Admiral Butterfly did pause long enough for me to get a few nice
photos to prove it was here.
Gorgeous day here in White Point, Queens
best regards
Marg Millard
http://MargMillard.ca