[NatureNS] Viburnum Leaf Beetle

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:12:30 -0300

t/NHR/PDF/ind

------=_NextPart_000_0340_01CDB6E3.458FDD20

Hi Chris & All,                    Oct 30, 2012
    There is in most plants a large overcapacity for photosynthesis if =
otherwise relatively unstressed. Consequently defoliation is likely to =
kill plants only if it is early, nearly total and repeated for 2 or more =
years; e.g. eruptions of Spruce Budworm & Gypsy Moth. Defoliation of =
Poplar by Army Worms looks deadly but is I think usually harmless =
because it it fleeting. The same goes for defoliation of Alders by =
various leaf feeders.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville

  ----- Original Message -----=20