[NatureNS] Re: wing-marked RB Gull

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 11:31:45 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--20cf307c9cb28cdaf104cd84009a

The bird banding lab got back to me...the Ring-bill was banded January of
2010, and was 1.5 years old or more at that time. It was banded near West
Springfield, Mass. This would represent a distance of about 1300 km, as the
gull walks (by using Google Maps).

Randy

_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

On 1 November 2012 17:01, Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yesterday I came across a wing-marked gull (yellow tag, black numbers) on
> the StFX campus. I reported it to the bird banding lab...if I find out its
> origin, I'll let folks know. There are a few gull banding projects out
> there.
>
> Randy
> _________________________________
> RF Lauff
> Way in the boonies of
> Antigonish County, NS.

--20cf307c9cb28cdaf104cd84009a

The bird banding lab got back to me...the Ring-bill was banded January of 2=
010, and was 1.5 years old or more at that time. It was banded near West Sp=
ringfield, Mass. This would represent a distance of about 1300 km, as the g=
ull walks (by using Google Maps).<div>

onish County, NS.<br>
pan dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:randy.lauff@gmail.com" target=3D"_bla=
il_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-lef=
t:1ex">

Yesterday I came across a wing-marked gull (yellow tag, black numbers) on t=
he StFX campus. I reported it to the bird banding lab...if I find out its o=
rigin, I&#39;ll let folks know. There are a few gull banding projects out t=
here.<div>

--20cf307c9cb28cdaf104cd84009a--