[NatureNS] South Shore birding today

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 17:10:09 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--f46d0447a10f5db32d04ce3e9d2d

Hi,

Rick Whitman and I did a trip to the South Shore today - we walked the
whole length of Cherry Hill Beach, and found a few Horned Grebes offshore,
and a few Bl-B.Plover, Sanderling and Dunlin, + at least 1 White-rumped on
the mud-flat side at the far end. There was a nice flock of ~30 Snow
Buntings by the parking area.

At Green Bay was a flock of at least 50 Black Scoter, a few Surf Scoter, a
few R-B Mergansers and some 15 Long-tailed Duck + more Horned Grebes.

Crescent and Risser's Beaches were pretty birdless.

In the Mahone Bay area were numbers of Bufflehead, 1 Red-throated Loon,
several Common Loons and a pair of Hooded Mergansers.

There were almost no other passerines anywhere we looked.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--f46d0447a10f5db32d04ce3e9d2d

Hi,<br><br>Rick Whitman and I did a trip to the South Shore today - we walk=
ed the whole length of Cherry Hill Beach, and found a few Horned Grebes off=
shore, and a few Bl-B.Plover, Sanderling and Dunlin, + at least 1 White-rum=
ped on the mud-flat side at the far end. There was a nice flock of ~30 Snow=
 Buntings by the parking area.<br>

, a few R-B Mergansers and some 15 Long-tailed Duck + more Horned Grebes.<b=
 Mahone Bay area were numbers of Bufflehead, 1 Red-throated Loon, several C=
ommon Loons and a pair of Hooded Mergansers.<br>

Williams, NS, Canada<br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com" target=3D=
"_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>

--f46d0447a10f5db32d04ce3e9d2d--