[NatureNS] Flood at Miner's Marsh

Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:40:47 -0400
From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Great photo !

Bernard Forsythe & I walked the entire east dyke from Hortonville to
East Point yesterday afternoon, right at high tide. It was great fun.
The dyke is not precisely level altho I'm sure they want it to be. At
one area near East Point the water was about 6" below the top of the
dyke. A Hurricane Sandy type of storm surge would be a wee bit
difficult. That area is roughly right in the centre of this photo.

http://tinyurl.com/cd6cmnl

It was most interesting how quickly the water dropped after the tide
reversed. We are well aware of the "all the rivers in the world"
volume concept, but it still was amazing to think of the entire Bay of
Fundy draining so quickly.

Rick.