[NatureNS] Year of the Raptor?

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:27:44 -0400
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--e89a8f6464eb11ca8004cf18c942

Hi,

I frequently drive in that area, and the numbers of raptors don't really
seem to vary for me from year to year. Your numbers seem about right to me.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 22, 2012, at 12:30 PM, Gary Myers <gemyers@eastlink.ca> wrote:

 My wife and I frequently drive the 101 between Aylesford and New Minas and
are amazed at the number of Red Tailed Hawks and Bald Eagles we see along
the way.  There is a mature Bald Eagle who frequents a tree in a pasture on
the west side of Victoria Road about 300 metres south of highway 221 and we
often see another in a tree overlooking the valley north of the 101 just
east of exit 13.  As for Red Tailed Hawks we never see fewer than 3 between
Aylesford and Coldbrook and last week we saw a total of seven.  Does this
seem like an unusually high number to anyone else?  Gary Myers Morden NS

--e89a8f6464eb11ca8004cf18c942

quently drive in that area, and the numbers of raptors don&#39;t really see=
m to vary for me from year to year. Your numbers seem about right to me.<br=

ers &lt;gemyers@eastlink.ca&gt; =

 and=20
are amazed at the number of Red Tailed Hawks and Bald Eagles we see along t=
he=20
way.=A0 There is a mature Bald Eagle who frequents a tree in a pasture on t=
he=20
west side of Victoria Road about 300 metres south of highway 221 and we oft=
en=20
see another in a tree overlooking the valley north of the 101 just east of =
exit=20
13.=A0 As for Red Tailed Hawks we never see fewer than 3 between Aylesford=
=20
and Coldbrook and last week we saw a total of seven.=A0 Does this seem like=
=20
an unusually high number to anyone else?=A0 Gary Myers Morden=20

--e89a8f6464eb11ca8004cf18c942--