[NatureNS] Birding stuff today

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 17:05:55 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>

--14dae93407fd50087804cf2ff419

Hi all,

I had the day off, and here in the Valley it went up to 13 deg. C today,
with harsh sun and no wind - felt like Florida!

The N.Mockingbird that hangs around the north trail at Miner's Marsh,
Kentville, was present this morning. Also Am. Tree Sparrows and Pine
Siskins. Couldn't find the Marsh Wren.

We had 3 Evening Grosbeaks at the feeders this morning.

This afternoon I did a sea-watch from the Black Rock (Kings Co) Light,
using the 20-60X zoom on my scope - something I have rarely done, and I
don't think the Upper Bay of Fundy is well watched outside the Minas Basin.
However, there was a contant stream of Kittiwakes,mostly heading west, way
over towards Advocate and Spencer's Island. Also Red-thr. Loons, a
Red-necked Grebe, some Black Guillemots, and a single Dovekie, whirring in
a westerly direction low over the water, and it didn't stop. Most of these
birds wold not have been ID-able without the 60 X eyepiece.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--14dae93407fd50087804cf2ff419

t up to 13 deg. C today, with harsh sun and no wind - felt like Florida!</d=
at Miner&#39;s Marsh, Kentville, was present this morning. Also Am. Tree Sp=
arrows and Pine Siskins. Couldn&#39;t find the Marsh Wren.</div>

ock (Kings Co) Light, using the 20-60X zoom on my scope - something I have =
rarely done, and I don&#39;t think the Upper Bay of Fundy is well watched o=
utside the Minas Basin. However, there was a contant stream of Kittiwakes,m=
ostly heading west, way over towards Advocate and Spencer&#39;s Island. Als=
o Red-thr. Loons, a Red-necked Grebe, some Black Guillemots, and a single D=
ovekie, whirring in a westerly direction low over the water, and it didn&#3=
9;t stop. Most of these birds wold not have been ID-able without the 60 X e=
yepiece.</div>

ailto:sternrichard@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><=
br>

--14dae93407fd50087804cf2ff419--