[NatureNS] Mulitflora Rose Question.

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 17:55:13 -0400

&lt;br&gt; &lt;b&gt;&lt;span style=3D"font-weight: bold;"&gt;Sent:&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/b&gt; Sat
Hi Dean, Jim, David & All,                    Nov 24, 2012
    My impression of this plant, based on behavior in the yard and noted
plants in eastern Kings County, is that it needs sparse vegetation to get
established, ample light to survive and freedom from mowing or even severe
pruning.
    So it is largely, from what I have seen, a plant of unused space; a good
way to feed birds. One day, when most are too poor to buy bird food, wild
food sources will be essential.
    The rate at which this plants spreads is one measure of its popularity
with birds. Rose hips are rich  in Vitamin C so probably Mulitflora Rose
hips are also rich in VC. Could this be the attraction; apart from hunger ?
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville