[NatureNS] Rose-br.Grosbeak, Wolfville

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 13:55:14 -0400
To: NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>,

--e89a8f502cd6e6f14d04d1608dd1

A Rose-breasted Grosbeak was reported visiting a feeder in Wolfville
yesterday. I saw it this morning, not at the feeder, but nearby - at the
N.end of Cherry Lane, where it crosses the old railway track that is now a
footpath. It was with a flock of Juncos, and there were Goldfinches and
Redpolls nearby. There are many feeders and there was a large number of
Juncos and Blue Jays in the area. It was too far away to take a picture.
The lady who saw it yesterday showed me some pictures she had taken, and
they clearly show fine streaking on the breast, and some residual patches
of red on the breast too, indicating this species and not a Black-headed.

There is still a M. Wood Duck at the Port Williams sewage pond.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--e89a8f502cd6e6f14d04d1608dd1

A Rose-breasted Grosbeak was reported visiting a feeder in Wolfville yester=
day. I saw it this morning, not at the feeder, but nearby - at the N.end of=
 Cherry Lane, where it crosses the old railway track that is now a footpath=
. It was with a flock of Juncos, and there were Goldfinches and Redpolls ne=
arby. There are many feeders and there was a large number of Juncos and Blu=
e Jays in the area. It was too far away to take a picture. The lady who saw=
 it yesterday showed me some pictures she had taken, and they clearly show =
fine streaking on the breast, and some residual patches of red on the breas=
t too, indicating this species and not a Black-headed.<br>

>Port Williams, NS, Canada<br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com" tar=
get=3D"_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>

--e89a8f502cd6e6f14d04d1608dd1--