[NatureNS] Waxwings- Windsor

From: AngelaJoudrey <aljoudrey@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 14:18:59 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_YRMlfY9/2fAovdH/S22xxQ)

Hi there.

Would both bohemian and cedar waxwings be in the same flock?

There was very definately cedar waxwings. Clear red spot on wings.

I'm thinking there were some bohemians in the mix because they didn't have a red spot, but under their tail was reddish.

I'm pretty sure it is the same flock often found at the Exhibition Grounds in Windsor. ( There's lots of wild rose in that area and so lots of hips! ) They were enjoying the wild rose hips in my backyard.

Angela in Windsor.

"The significant problems of our time cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world."
John Muir