[NatureNS] Pheasant Nocturnal Predators

From: Hubcove@aol.com
Full-name: Hubcove
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 08:35:10 -0500 (EST)
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--part1_cf00.57ca971e.3e12ee8e_boundary

When I kept a few laying hens, I had a huge problem with  racoons. they
killed several of my hens including ones that were roosting in the  Pen. While
they did not dismember them, they did chew on them, generally gnawing  on
the breast area. There was no doubt about the culprits since I caught them in
the act more than once but found it practically impossible to make a racoon
 proof coop. If they are not all asleep, I would suspect them.
Peter Stow
Hubbards

In a message dated 31/12/2012 9:15:12 A.M. Atlantic Standard Time,