[NatureNS] Birding HRM today

From: "Don MacNeill" <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
To: "NS-RBA" <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>,
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 16:46:47 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_036F_01CDE9D1.EB6C1C60

I spent a long time yesterday and this morning watching the Hartlen =
Point geese through my 20X scope without getting satisfactory results.  =
I returned later this morning and the geese were walking along the =
fairway and the Ross's Goose was easily identifiable as it was side on =
to me and I had a good look at its bill and size.  It pays to keep =
trying.

There was a dark morph Rough-legged Hawk along Caldwell Rd.  It was =
hovering over the airport property.

Lois Codling's was a delight.  As I arrived, the brighter Pine Warbler =
came within 2 feet of me.  I guess I was standing close to where Lois =
feeds them mealworms.  Some other birds I saw that she had reported =
earlier were: a Baltimore Oriole, an Evening Grosbeak, a Brown-headed =
Cowbird, a female Red-winged Blackbird and flocks of redpolls, siskins =
and goldfinches.  As well, both the Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers came to =
the suet and a Ring-necked Pheasant was heard calling behind her =
property.  Chickadees, juncos, starlings, house sparrows, Rock Pigeons, =
and crows were there.  Lois certainly makes it easy to make a good start =
on a 2013 list.

Don

Don MacNeill
donmacneill@bellaliant.net
------=_NextPart_000_036F_01CDE9D1.EB6C1C60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I spent a long time yesterday and this =
morning=20
watching the Hartlen Point geese through my 20X scope without getting=20
satisfactory results.&nbsp; I returned later this morning and the geese =
were=20
walking along the fairway and the Ross's Goose was easily identifiable =
as it was=20
side on to me and I had a good look at its bill and size.&nbsp; It pays =
to keep=20
trying.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>There was a dark morph Rough-legged =
Hawk along=20
Caldwell Rd.&nbsp; It was hovering over the airport =
property.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Lois Codling's was a delight.&nbsp; As =
I arrived,=20
the brighter Pine Warbler came within 2 feet of me.&nbsp; I guess I was =
standing=20
close to where Lois feeds them mealworms.&nbsp; Some other birds I saw =
that she=20
had reported earlier were: a Baltimore Oriole, an Evening Grosbeak, a=20
Brown-headed Cowbird, a female Red-winged Blackbird and flocks of =
redpolls,=20
siskins and goldfinches.&nbsp; As well, both the Downy and Hairy =
Woodpeckers=20
came to the suet and a Ring-necked Pheasant was heard calling behind her =

property.&nbsp; Chickadees, juncos, starlings, house sparrows, Rock =
Pigeons, and=20
crows were there.&nbsp; Lois certainly makes it easy to make a good=20
start&nbsp;on a 2013 list.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Don</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Don MacNeill<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:donmacneill@bellaliant.net">donmacneill@bellaliant.net</A>=
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_036F_01CDE9D1.EB6C1C60--