[NatureNS] Broad-winged Hawk 437 Pineridge Ave., Kingston

From: Barbara Pat Giffin <barpat@eastlink.ca>
To: NATURENS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 18:22:55 -0400

5JAN13
Day 1 of our Project Feederwatch sequence was going well, e.g., 42 American
Goldfinch, pair of White-winged Crossbills, 14 Black-capped Chickadees,
Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers, Red-breasted and White-breasted Nuthatches, a
Pine Siskin, a Mourning Dove, a Bluejay .

1230: A Broad-winged Hawk perched on top of our, 3 tube feeder(SF seeds).
All other species departed.  We monitored the feeders for another 30 minutes
then left for other efforts: no birds at the feeders or visible on the
property.
Barbara and Pat