[NatureNS] Carolina Wren, Fox Sparrow and others.

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 00:40:24 +0000

--_8fd317f8-d095-4e81-a8c9-e589053427bb_

Hi all:
=20
Dorothy Poole and I made a quick run today until the snow started.  In the =
time that we were out were were able to see the fox sparrow at Front Centre=
=2C which is still present.  The Carolina Wren is also still present along =
Kissing Bridge Road in Lunenburg.  We saw it on the side of the road in a t=
angle in the ditch across from house 334.  It then flew across the road and=
 was searching for food by the shed along a concrete footing by house 334. =
 It then came out in the big multiflora patch there. =20
=20
Of note=2C the yellow-breasted chat found along Kissing Bridge Road could n=
ot be relocated today=2C but there appears to now be two in Lunenburg. Cath=
y Ramey had a chat at her feeder on the back side of town near Lilydale tod=
ay.  At the same time David Vanrijn was waking on the Back Harbour Trail by=
 the Starrs Road side near the sawpit=2C which is a local Lunenburg term I =
believe for the area of the sewage plant.  This is where he saw another cha=
t at roughly the same time as the one was tending on the backside of town. =
 David also gave me a convincing description of a possible Cooper's Hawk=2C=
 which he saw along the Back Harbour Trail. =20
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bridgewater   		 	   		  =

--_8fd317f8-d095-4e81-a8c9-e589053427bb_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style></head>
<FONT size=3D4>
<BR id=3DecxFontBreak>Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Dorothy Poole and I made a quick run today until the snow started.&nbsp=3B =
In the time that we were out were were able to see the fox sparrow at Front=
 Centre=2C which is still present.&nbsp=3B The Carolina Wren is also still =
present along Kissing Bridge Road in Lunenburg.&nbsp=3B We saw it on the si=
de of the road in a tangle in the ditch across from house 334.&nbsp=3B It t=
hen flew across the road and was searching for food by the shed along a con=
crete footing by house 334.&nbsp=3B It then came out in the big multiflora =
patch there.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Of note=2C the yellow-breasted chat found along Kissing Bridge Road could n=
ot be relocated today=2C but there appears to now be two in Lunenburg.&nbsp=
=3BCathy Ramey had a chat at her feeder on the back side of town near Lilyd=
ale today.&nbsp=3B At the same time David Vanrijn was waking on the Back Ha=
rbour Trail by the Starrs Road side near the sawpit=2C which is a local Lun=
enburg term I believe for the area of the sewage plant.&nbsp=3B This is whe=
re he saw another chat at roughly the same time as the one was tending on t=
he backside of town.&nbsp=3B David also gave me a convincing description of=
 a possible&nbsp=3BCooper's&nbsp=3BHawk=2C which&nbsp=3Bhe saw along the Ba=
ck&nbsp=3BHarbour Trail.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bridgewater&nbsp=3B </FONT><BR> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_8fd317f8-d095-4e81-a8c9-e589053427bb_--