[NatureNS] How to foil starlings at Niger seed feeders

From: "Don MacNeill" <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 07:48:13 -0400

I am using a sock (bag) to feed niger seeds to the birds.  I also have
problems with starlings hanging on to the sock and pulling out the seeds.
While they are there, the small birds can't feed from it.  I am thinking of
hanging some wire mesh around it that would allow small birds in but keep
starlings out.  I will have to see what mesh size that would require.

Don

Don MacNeill
donmacneill@bellaliant.net