[NatureNS] red-tailed hawk inner Dartmouth

From: Nancy Roberts <nancy.roberts@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:57:54 -0400

A murder of crows alerted me to a large hawk eating something in my
neighbour's tree. I got a good look, and it has to be a red-tailed.

The prey was harder to identify, but it looked more like a rat than a
bird.

This was on Elliot Street, which runs into Prince Albert at Sullivan's
Pond just outside of downtown Dartmouth. I hadn't heard of a red-
tailed in the neighbourhood before, but there are those on this list
who may be able to correct me on that.

Cheers, Nancy

Nancy Roberts Design
Celebrating 20 years of making you look GOOD

Dartmouth, NS B2Y 2X6