[NatureNS] Feb 2

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 17:45:12 -0400

Hi All,                                Jan 25, 2013
    While thinking about warmer days to come I remembered that Candlemas day
(Feb 2) was (perhaps) halfway between the winter solstice and the spring
equinox. But when I checked by counting days it is not quite halfway; Dec
21-Feb 2 is 43 days & Feb 2-Mar 21 is 47 days.

    On the other hand this site--
http://projectbritain.com/year/candlemas.html
says that Candlemas day is "halfway between the shortest day and the spring
equinox".

    What is the meaning of "halfway" in this context ?

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville