[NatureNS] Hybrid duck at Sullivans Pond Dartmouth

From: Bernard Burke <bernieb1@EastLink.ca>
To: n8r <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 23:23:10 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_1wkxoR2WwseAPP5z3WQU3g)

I spotted a different duck at Sullivans Pond Dartmouth today (February 15th) which appears to be a clearcut Pintail / Mallard hybrid, and could very well be the same duck my cousin Justin sent me photos from in Halifax a little while back. Most of these types of hybrids that I've seen over the years have had a similiar colored green head like a male Mallard, whereas this one has a closer head color to a male Pintail with some green mixed in. Here is a comparison photo with it alongside a regular Mallard :

http://bernieb.smugmug.com/Nature/2013/27628920_CcWhkd#!i=2366961374&k=9zpgN6N&lb=1&s=L

Bernard Burke
Dartmouth

--Boundary_(ID_1wkxoR2WwseAPP5z3WQU3g)

<DIV>I spotted&nbsp;a&nbsp;different duck at Sullivans Pond Dartmouth today (February 15th) which&nbsp;appears to be a clearcut&nbsp;Pintail / Mallard hybrid, and&nbsp;could very well be the same duck my cousin Justin sent me photos from in Halifax a little while back. Most of these types of hybrids that I've seen over the years have had a similiar colored green head like a male Mallard, whereas this one&nbsp;has a closer head color to a male Pintail&nbsp;with some green mixed in. Here is a comparison photo with it alongside a regular Mallard :</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>http://bernieb.smugmug.com/Nature/2013/27628920_CcWhkd#!i=2366961374&k=9zpgN6N&lb=1&s=L</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Bernard Burke</DIV><DIV>Dartmouth</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>

--Boundary_(ID_1wkxoR2WwseAPP5z3WQU3g)--