[NatureNS] re headlessness of carcasses etc. (incl. potted head?)

From: Henk Kwindt <cbatl@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 19:12:33 -0400

&lt;div&gt;&lt;font size=3D"2" face=3D"Arial"&gt;.&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt;&lt;font size=3D"2"

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01CE0C79.92E3ECB0

I am curious about the potted head too!
We often had head cheese when I grew up. Although you could buy it at =
the store, it was mainly made by people who butchered their own pig.=20
They would boil the pig's head (minus brains and eyes and probably a few =
other parts), sifted out the meat and fat, this was ground up, and would =
turn quite solid. Then spices and vinegar were added which would extend =
the "best before date".
Henk Kwindt, Cow Bay, NS..=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20