[NatureNS] Fox Sparrow, White-breasted Nuthatch and Purple Sandpipers

From: Hans Toom <htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:58:17 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CE2D2D.1A4BDA40

This morning we had our first Fox Sparrow of the season; scratch, =
scratch, scratching away on the soft and dry woodland leaves of the =
forest floor beside our house. Yesterday Ray Staszko and I went to Mount =
Uniacke Museum park primarily for owls and woodpeckers but alas the =
trails were still snow covered. We did find a pair of White-breasted =
Nuthatches near the main house. Downy Woodpeckers were abundant =
everywhere and I did hear a Black-backed Woodpecker in the distance. =
Purple Sandpipers are daily visitors to Duncan Reef at least on my last =
two visits, Wednesday and Thursday. There are about a dozen individuals =
visible.

Hans
________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
http://www.hanstoom.com/

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CE2D2D.1A4BDA40

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>This morning we had our first =
<STRONG>Fox=20
Sparrow</STRONG> of the season; scratch, scratch, scratching away on the =
soft=20
and dry woodland leaves of the forest floor beside our house. Yesterday =
Ray=20
Staszko and I went to Mount Uniacke Museum park primarily for owls and=20
woodpeckers but alas the trails&nbsp;were still snow covered. We did =
find a pair=20
of <STRONG>White-breasted Nuthatches</STRONG>&nbsp;near the main house.=20
<STRONG>Downy Woodpeckers</STRONG> were abundant everywhere and I did =
hear a=20
<STRONG>Black-backed Woodpecker</STRONG> in the distance. <STRONG>Purple =

Sandpipers</STRONG> are daily visitors to Duncan Reef at least on my =
last two=20
visits, Wednesday and Thursday. There are about a dozen individuals=20
visible.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hans</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2=20
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR></FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://www.hanstoom.com/"><FONT size=3D2=20
face=3DArial>http://www.hanstoom.com/</FONT></A><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CE2D2D.1A4BDA40--