[NatureNS] update, White Point

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:35:10 -0300

Yesterday was really quite a birding event here with all the redpolls and
the swallows and the Heron. Today Grackles arrived back, three so far and
have already set up in the communal pines and are chatting loudly. I can
hear the red winged blackbird but as yet haven't seen it. Sounds like it is
coming from back behind the swamp I can see. Also just a short while ago a
bald eagle was soaring over toward Hunts Point and swung and dropped quite
quickly so maybe it found  something. There are a couple new kittens in the
mobile home park behind us. I expect there will be consternation when they
disappear due to predation. Heard foxes (I think) barking early this am.
Haven't heard any owls strangely.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens