[NatureNS] eagle fishing

Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 08:19:33 -0300
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--089e01182da65fccf004d9ebba2f

Hi Nancy, they are great at fishing but don't tend to plunge in as far as
osprey, they seem to just gracefully pluck them from the surface unless
it's a really huge fish. There's some great footage of eagles fishing on
youtube.
Helene
On Apr 9, 2013 6:20 AM, "nancy dowd" <nancypdowd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Monday evening we were watching an adult Bald Eagle hovering over the
> water (Corkums I near Lunenburg). It acted exactly like an Osprey but did
> not actually plunge down feet first into the water to grab a fish.
>
> I was wondering if others have seen eagles catch live fish in the manner
> of Ospreys? I have not but eagles seem quite versatile.
>
> Nancy

--089e01182da65fccf004d9ebba2f

ar as osprey, they seem to just gracefully pluck them from the surface unle=
ss it&#39;s a really huge fish. There&#39;s some great footage of eagles fi=
shing on youtube.<br>

Helene</p>
lt;nancypdowd@gmail.com&gt; wro=
te:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"marg=
in:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
overing over the water (Corkums I near Lunenburg). It=A0acted exactly like =
an Osprey but did not actually plunge down feet first into the water to gra=
b a fish.</div>

sh in the manner of Ospreys? I have not but eagles seem quite versatile.</d=

--089e01182da65fccf004d9ebba2f--