[NatureNS] tree biomass fuel ... calcium loss also critical in NS

Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 07:43:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi All
One of the things that came out of our Salmon
liming investigation that you helped us with Dave
was the fact that Christmas treee growers didn't like
the idea of liming very much. They thought it would encourage
decidious trees and make for more weeding.
There doesn't seem much info re this except in extreme cases
for example Subbury below the smoke stacks.
Lots of opinions though!
Enjoy the spring
Paul