[NatureNS] Starlings, Nesting Material, and Rats

From: AngelaJoudrey <aljoudrey@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 07:25:29 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_Hk2mt98fSY0s1YVn1/M0Xw)

I've noticed the starlings gathering nesting material in the back yard the last few days. Sky Rats I recall someone on this list calling them.

Speaking of rats...The traps have taken care of 2 of them. One check for peanut butter, one check for suet. Last night they sprung 2 of them and seem to have gotten away unscathed. One had a piece of apple and the other suet and peanut butter. Honestly I don't know how they move that quick to not get caught. Seeing how many times I've set it on my own thumb!!

Angela in Windsor

--
"The significant problems of our time cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world."
John Muir

--Boundary_(ID_Hk2mt98fSY0s1YVn1/M0Xw)

I=27ve noticed the starlings gathering nesting material in the back yard=
 the last few days=2E Sky Rats I recall someone on this list calling the=
m=2E =3Cbr /=3E=3Cbr /=3ESpeaking of rats=2E=2E=2EThe traps have taken c=
are of 2 of them=2E One check for peanut butter=2C one check for suet=2E=
 Last night they sprung 2 of them and seem to have gotten away unscathed=
=2E=A0 One had a piece of apple and the other suet and peanut butter=2E =
Honestly I don=27t know how they move that quick to not get caught=2E Se=
eing how many times I=27ve set it on my own thumb!!=3Cbr /=3E=3Cbr /=3EA=
ngela in Windsor=3Cbr /=3E=3Cbr /=3E--=3Cbr signature=3D=22separator=22 =
/=3E=26quot=3BThe significant problems of our time cannot be solved by t=
he same level of thinking that created them=2E=26quot=3B=3Cbr /=3EAlbert=
 Einstein=3Cbr /=3E=3Cbr /=3E=26quot=3BWhen one tugs at a single thing i=
n nature=2C he finds it attached to the rest of the world=2E=26quot=3B=3C=
br /=3EJohn Muir

--Boundary_(ID_Hk2mt98fSY0s1YVn1/M0Xw)--