[NatureNS] Fw: Little Egret, Northern Shoveller,

From: Hans Toom <htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 11:44:58 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01CE433C.A4FF5A20

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Hans Toom=20
To: NS-RBA=20
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:44 AM
Subject: Little Egret, Northern Shoveller, Ipswich Sparrows and Lesser =
Yellowlegs

It was a good morning for a photoshoot. I found the Little Egret =
immediately at 7:45AM upon arrival at the Shore Road pond. It was =
unruffled, fully plumaged, erect, alert and flew with purpose. In my =
judgement this is a healthy bird. You can judge from my photos when I =
put them up.

After the egret I undertook a run up the eastern shore. A delightful =
surprise was a male Northern Shoveller on the roadside pond opposite =
side of the road to the entrance, Hope for Wildlife. Beside the entrance =
road to Fisherman's Reserve I found three Ipswich Sparrows. These guys =
are likely working their way up to the staging area at Martinique Beach. =
They fuel up here on kelp flies(maggots) before heading over sea to =
Sable Island. Another surprise on the beach, near the bridge, Three =
Fathom Harbour, were three Lesser Yellowlegs quite early and indeed =
almost rare for this time of year.

Hans
________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
http://www.hanstoom.com/

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01CE433C.A4FF5A20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----=20
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A=20
title=3Dhtoom@hfx.eastlink.ca href=3D"mailto:htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">Hans =
Toom</A>=20
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=3DNS-RBA@yahoogroups.com=20
href=3D"mailto:NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com">NS-RBA</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:44 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Little Egret, Northern Shoveller, Ipswich Sparrows =
and=20
Lesser Yellowlegs</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>It was a&nbsp;good morning for a =
photoshoot. I=20
found the <STRONG>Little Egret</STRONG> immediately at 7:45AM&nbsp;upon =
arrival=20
at the Shore Road pond. It was unruffled, fully plumaged, erect, alert =
and flew=20
with purpose. In my judgement this is a healthy bird. You can judge from =
my=20
photos when I put them up.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>After the egret I undertook a run up =
the eastern=20
shore. A delightful surprise was a male <STRONG>Northern =
Shoveller</STRONG> on=20
the roadside pond opposite side of the road to the entrance, Hope for =
Wildlife.=20
Beside the entrance road to Fisherman's Reserve I found three =
<STRONG>Ipswich=20
Sparrows</STRONG>. These guys are likely working their way up to the =
staging=20
area at Martinique Beach. They fuel up here on kelp flies(maggots) =
before=20
heading over sea to Sable Island. Another surprise on the beach, near =
the=20
bridge, Three Fathom Harbour, were three <STRONG>Lesser =
Yellowlegs</STRONG>=20
quite early and indeed almost rare for this time of year.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2=20
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.hanstoom.com/">http://www.hanstoom.com/</A><BR></FONT>=
</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01CE433C.A4FF5A20--