[NatureNS] Nova Scotia Migration Count

Cc: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: david_currie@ns.sympatico.ca
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 17:34:10 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Apple-Mail-A28DEFF5-4F84-4CF2-A16A-6DBD4A8B5395

Chris just has to re-save the file and clicks the older version. I sometimes=
 forget to do that on some of mine too. You can also save it as a PDF file a=
nd Ken can read it.=20

Sent by iPhone=20

On 2013-05-07, at 5:14 PM, Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca> wrote:

> =20
> Ken McKenna
> Box 218 Stellarton NS
> B0K 1S0
> 902 752-7644
> Hi Chris
> I have an older computer and I cannot open the excel sheets on the cork bo=
ard successfully. They are all gibberish. I can open the PDF sheets, but can=
not figure how to input data  as I cannot type numbers into the PDF. I  woul=
d have to print them off, input data, scan them and there would not be total=
s unless I add them up manually
> Is there an easy way to send the excel in an older format?  It might be ni=
ce to have a field sheet some year as well. I have one of my own but it has t=
he birds in the older tax. order with loons first.I see you still have the w=
arblers in the old order.  This is where the NSMC is work as there are quite=
 a few fields and I often wonder to myself if any use is made of all the fie=
lds i.e. night, feeder etc. maybe they could all be lumped if the data is no=
t being dissected using this info.
> I have copied this to Dave in case all it takes is a click of a button to m=
ake the new excel file an older excel file.
> cheers
> Ken
> =20
> =20
> =20
> =20
> =20
inator and let them know where they will be counting birds. The list of coor=
dinators can be found on the "Cork Board" of the Nova Scotia Bird Society we=
bsite. If your county has no coordinator you can contact me, Chris Pepper at=
 cpepper@ymail.com or phone 483-6693 and I can help you get started.
> =20
>  Now lets all pray to Mother Nature for good weather,
> =20
> Chris

--Apple-Mail-A28DEFF5-4F84-4CF2-A16A-6DBD4A8B5395

board successfully. They are all gibberish. I can open the PDF sheets, but
cannot figure how to input data&nbsp; as I cannot type numbers into the PDF. I
would have to print them off, input data,&nbsp;scan them and there would not be
totals unless I add them up manually</div>
be nice to have a field sheet some year as well. I have one of my own but it has
the birds in the older tax. order with loons first.I see you still have the
warblers in the old order. &nbsp;This is where the NSMC is work as there are
quite a few fields and I often wonder to myself if any use is made of all the
fields i.e. night, feeder etc. maybe they could all be lumped if the data is not
being dissected using this&nbsp;info. </div>
make the new excel file an older excel file.</div>
PM</div>
  Count</div>
  coordinator and let them know where they will be counting birds. The list of
  coordinators can be found on the "Cork Board"&nbsp;of the&nbsp;Nova Scotia
  Bird Society website. If your county has no coordinator you can contact me,
  Chris Pepper at cpepper@ymail.com or
  phone 483-6693 and I can help you get started. </div>
weather,</div>
--Apple-Mail-A28DEFF5-4F84-4CF2-A16A-6DBD4A8B5395--