[NatureNS] re rabbits & hares at White Point Beach Lodge

Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 15:13:08 -0300
From: g4syth@staff.ednet.ns.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Jim,

There is a breed of domestic rabbit called the Belgian Hare, it is a
rabbit but resembles a hare.

See:     http://belgianhareclub.com/

It is a breed that is under watch as a threatened breed by the
American Breeds Conservancy, a group attempting to maintain the
genetic diversity of domestic livestock similar to COSEWIC with
natural species.

http://albc-usa.org/cpl/belgianhare.html

It is possible that some of the original White Point stock was Belgian
Hare (a rabbit).

George Forsyth