[NatureNS] 87 swifts at RTNC chimney Wolfville Sun

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 10:49:59 -0300

87 Chimney Swifts entered the Robie Tufts Nature Centre chimney last night
(Sun)  in Wolfville between 8:03 - 8:56pm.

It was cool with temps barely 6-7o C.  Cool light breezes changed to gusts
as the evening progressed under mostly overcast skies. Clouds to the
north-west looked rather forbidding, as they headed north-east; not
surprising it was raining across the Cobequid Hills and the Passboro' shore.

Observers were:  Judy Tufts, Helen Shaw, Helen's sister with her husband Jim
Wilson. The Wilson's are visiting our province from Ireland and enjoy
birdwatching too.

I heard a yellowlegs sp. calling at one point and as I was leaving a pair of
ducks flew over the field behind the town library.

Cheers,
Judy

  Judy Tufts

 Wolfville NS