[NatureNS] Re: Peanuts - sorry

Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:45:49 -0300
From: Peter Payzant <pce@accesswave.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_WIT2ABced2R/K3Gw3YH7XA)

We use the same product from the same source. The birds, especially the
woodpeckers, love them.

Our feeder is a perforated metal cylinder and while the starlings do get
on it from time to time, it seems to be an effort for them to hold on
and they don't spend nearly as much time there as the woodpeckers do.

It's a riot seeing a Hairy Woodpecker taking his/her time eating the
peanuts, while a Downy flies back and forth impatiently waiting for the
Hairy to leave. And this extends downward to nuthatches, waiting for the
Downy to finish.

Peter Payzant

  On 2013-05-30 9:27 AM, Don MacNeill wrote:
> Sorry.  That should have read "shelled"
>
> Don
>
> Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
> On 30/05/2013 9:13 AM, Don MacNeill wrote:
>> I use unshelled, whole, unsalted peanuts that I get from the Bulk
>> Barn (the cheapest kind there).  My peanut feeder is always busy with
>> woodpeckers, chickadees and starlings.
>>
>> Don

--Boundary_(ID_WIT2ABced2R/K3Gw3YH7XA)

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      source. The birds, especially the woodpeckers, love them. <br>
      Our feeder is a perforated metal cylinder and while the starlings
      do get on it from time to time, it seems to be an effort for them
      to hold on and they don't spend nearly as much time there as the
      woodpeckers do. <br>
      It's a riot seeing a Hairy Woodpecker taking his/her time eating
      the peanuts, while a Downy flies back and forth impatiently
      waiting for the Hairy to leave. And this extends downward to
      nuthatches, waiting for the Downy to finish.<br>
      Peter Payzant<br>
      &nbsp;On 2013-05-30 9:27 AM, Don MacNeill wrote:<br>
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
          should have read "shelled"<br>
          Don<br>
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
            href="mailto:donmacneill@bellaliant.net">donmacneill@bellaliant.net</a></div>
        On 30/05/2013 9:13 AM, Don MacNeill wrote:<br>
          http-equiv="Content-Type">
            unshelled, whole, unsalted peanuts that I get from the Bulk
            Barn (the cheapest kind there).&nbsp; My peanut feeder is always
            busy with woodpeckers, </font>chickadees and starlings.<br>
          Don<br>

--Boundary_(ID_WIT2ABced2R/K3Gw3YH7XA)--