[NatureNS] White Point Fledglings

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 15:37:50 -0300

Goodness, we have so many fresh birds around it is truly wonderful and a bit
dangerous! There are: Grackles, Starlings, a cowbird (?), Sparrows, I don't
know for sure but I am thinking a song sparrow brood), Robins, Bluejays and
Northern Flickers. A couple times amongst the squawking, I saw a momma of
one type jam food into an open mouth of totally another. I've seen it get
pretty frantic here and the feeding become communal, but I don't think with
so many at one time. While the youngsters learn maneuvers, it is best to
wear a hit here as they crash land on anything handy and that does include
my head! I can attest, accidents happen and birds are not at all particular
where they void. UGH!
Haven't seen any nuthatch young yet but hope to soon. We seem to be down to
one pair of swallows. I don't know what happened but the other house seems
to have been abandoned, sadly.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens