[NatureNS] aerial insectivores at TCH exit 25, New Glasgow

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 11:09:30 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CE6501.D09D8580

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644

Hi all
Just went down for 10 min (10:30). to the East River of Pictou at  TCH =
exit 25 to see how high the water was after the heavy rains and there =
was a lot of activity in the area. There are scores if not 100+ swallows =
and swifts in the air and can be nicely viewed from side road of =
McCullochs truck repair.  Many more swifts were viewed higher in the air =
looking toward the Aberdeen Hospital. The swallows are mostly Bank and =
Tree, but there are also a number of Barn and 1-2 Cliff. Nice spot to =
see the size differences and to learn how to tell apart. There is also a =
Baltimore Oriole singing along the same lane, up where the river splits =
to go behind the trailer park. In the area also were Yellow Warblers, =
Redstarts, Song Sparrows, Cedar Waxwings, Spotted Sandpiper and an =
Osprey took a dive at the local  Bald Eagle on usual resting pole near =
the exit. Although one had to watch ones feet as there was lots of goose =
poop- I had sandals on- I did not see the goose families I spotted =
earlier in the month. Water is likely too high at the moment.

cheers
Ken

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CE6501.D09D8580

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Ken McKenna<BR>Box 218 Stellarton =
NS<BR>B0K=20
1S0<BR>902 752-7644<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hi all</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Just went down for 10 min =
(10:30).&nbsp;to the East=20
River of Pictou&nbsp;at&nbsp; TCH exit 25 to see how high the water was =
after=20
the heavy rains&nbsp;and there was a lot of activity in the area. There =
are=20
scores if not 100+ swallows and swifts in the air and can be nicely =
viewed=20
from&nbsp;side road of McCullochs truck repair.&nbsp; Many more swifts =
were=20
viewed higher in the air looking toward the Aberdeen Hospital. The =
swallows are=20
mostly Bank and Tree, but there are also a number of Barn and 1-2 Cliff. =
Nice=20
spot to see the size differences and to learn how to tell apart. There =
is also a=20
Baltimore&nbsp;Oriole singing along the same lane, up where the river =
splits to=20
go behind the trailer park. In the area also were Yellow Warblers, =
Redstarts,=20
Song Sparrows, Cedar Waxwings, Spotted Sandpiper and an Osprey took a =
dive at=20
the local&nbsp;&nbsp;Bald&nbsp;Eagle on&nbsp;usual resting&nbsp;pole =
near the=20
exit. Although one had to watch ones feet as there was lots of goose=20
poop-&nbsp;I had sandals on-&nbsp;I did not see the goose families I =
spotted=20
earlier in the month. Water is likely too high at the =
moment.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>cheers</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Ken</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CE6501.D09D8580--