[NatureNS] No more bird feeding this summer? Again.

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 07:33:06 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--20cf303b39f1fddfe104dede6d71

Yesterday afternoon I had to return home briefly and noticed my hummingbird
feeder on the ground. A potted plant was also askew, and my brand new
sunflower feeder was on the ground, empty and its branch broken. Almost
certainly, the cause was a bear or two. Thinking the bear may have gone its
way, I rehung and partially filled the sunflower feeder. When I got home
last night, it was not only on the ground and empty again, but the feeder
was broken.

Last year I had to stop feeding for the same reason...maybe I'll try again
in a month.

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

--20cf303b39f1fddfe104dede6d71

ed my hummingbird feeder on the ground. A potted plant was also askew, and =
my brand new sunflower feeder was on the ground, empty and its branch broke=
n. Almost certainly, the cause was a bear or two. Thinking the bear may hav=
e gone its way, I rehung and partially filled the sunflower feeder. When I =
got home last night, it was not only on the ground and empty again, but the=
 feeder was broken.<div>

s of<br>

Antigonish County, NS.</div>

--20cf303b39f1fddfe104dede6d71--