[NatureNS] (Fwd) Opting out of NSBirds print copy: was Nova Scotia Bird

From: ulli@dunlin.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:38:56 -0300

Hi,

As some may know I am the membership secretary of the Bird Society.

Those who wish to opt out of receiving the print copy of the magazine by mail can currently
do this by sending an email to me directly (ulli@dunlin.ca) or to the general Bird Society email
account (nsbs@chebucto.ca).

Future membership renewal forms will have a "No Print Copy Please" checkbox as it is
foreseeable that many members will be quite happy with the color online version of the
magazine.
On the other hand there are no plans to stop producing a print version in the immediate
future as the magazine is collected and archived by libraries, institutions and individuals.

As Dave pointed out the first two issues of 2013 (this one and the previous one) will be
accessible online for members and general public. Future issues will be "members only " for
the first two years after publication and then made accessible for the general public. So once
the new website is up and running, hopefully in a few weeks, members and non-members will
have access to NSBirds issues in pdf format dating back to the beginning of the Society in
the last century to issues published in 2010 (plus I/2013 and II/2013 as bonus freebies). All
members will have access to the 2011 and 2012 issues, as well as current magazines when
they become available.

So lots of stuff in the pipeline, we will keep you posted.

Ulli