[NatureNS] Ladys-Slippers

Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 09:23:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

---1879531-1068547317-1371054198=:61984

Hi
Thanks Carl for the info - a complicated requirement for Ladys-Slippers.
There is a large boulder on the Shelburne River above Keji that has a large=
 bouquet of Lady Slippers on it. Cyp. acaule I persume. Dozens of flowers t=
he last time I was there. There doesn't look to be any soil on the rock - I=
 didn't disturb anything to find out - they are fed with the leaves that fa=
ll in autumn. Its a long trip by canoe - perfect for folks who need to impr=
ove their paddling skills! Really different from Kent county soils.
Thanks again
Paul