[NatureNS] Sora, Kingfishers

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 20:46:06 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a11c3e01c123e0d04df11bd21

Persistence pays off! ---- A Sora was calling loudly from about 2m. away at
Miner's Marsh this evening, but it was only after about 20 minutes of
trying to see it in the dense reeds that it became visible for about 10
seconds, then slunk off. I managed a few shots, and I have posted them for
now on the NSBS Facebook page. The pair of Kingfishers there were
persistently flying back and forth with small fish towards an area in the
river bank - presumably there's a nest there.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--001a11c3e01c123e0d04df11bd21

from about 2m. away at Miner&#39;s Marsh this evening, but it was only afte=
r about 20 minutes of trying to see it in the dense reeds that it became vi=
sible for about 10 seconds, then slunk off. I managed a few shots, and I ha=
ve posted them for now on the NSBS Facebook page. The pair of Kingfishers t=
here were persistently flying back and forth with small fish towards an are=
a in the river bank - presumably there&#39;s a nest there.<br>

hard Stern, <br>Port Williams, NS, Canada<br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard=
@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>###############=
####

--001a11c3e01c123e0d04df11bd21--