[NatureNS] Hummingbirds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 18:47:02 -0300

I have baby hummingbirds out! They are the tiniest I have ever seen. There
are two and they are feisty!! There is a small bird, possibly a small
brightly coloured warbler, but what one I do not know. It was moving all the
time, seems to be getting worms from the fir which is really not doing well.
When it started diving and acting like it was being stung, I took closer
notice and there were the tiniest.hummingbirds poking at it and zipping all
around! wow. I can't get a photo but will try again.   Maybe they will come
to the feeder outside the studio window and I can get a photo there.
Something I haven't seen before either is the male isn't chasing them, he
seems very protective.
I'm so excited!, can you tell?
Best regards,
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens