[NatureNS] Short-Eared Owl nr E Dalhousie, Kings Co

From: Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 06:00:04 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

A SEOW flew low overhead yesterday (~10am) while I was parked near an abandoned field. I thought I  had seen one at the same place several weeks ago but this time I managed to get my binoculars on it for a better view.

The unique shape of an owl overhead, harrier-like flight, pale underparts and black wrist mark clinched the ID. The SEOW is one of the few owls regularly seen in broad daylight.

Nancy

Sent from my iPhone