[NatureNS] Birds on the move

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 11:55:26 +0000

--_1b23de34-2076-46b7-a7e5-1aabb2b2dc42_

As a casual observation from Lunenburg County=2C I've noticed that over the=
 past two weeks birds have gone from territory to moving slightly to gone a=
ltogether at most locations.  So birds have started moving in migration.  E=
specially the woods warblers=2C veeries and blue-headed vireos.  This was e=
specially obvious from Walden=2C through to Woodstock=2C and into Mahone Ba=
y and at the Fauxburg Trail.  Hermit thrushes=2C Eastern Wood Pewees and Re=
d-eyed vireos still seem to be strongly on territory and there are still a =
few warblers who likely are late nesters on territory yet.  One common yell=
owthroat especially.  A male who came out and flew around me and then did t=
he broken wing thing making a total circle around my feet and then trying t=
o lead me away=2C staying in close proximity until I was away from the nest=
 site. =20
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bridgewater=20
 		 	   		  =

--_1b23de34-2076-46b7-a7e5-1aabb2b2dc42_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
 observation from Lunenburg County=2C I've noticed that over the past two w=
eeks birds have gone from territory to moving slightly to gone altogether a=
t most locations.&nbsp=3B So birds&nbsp=3Bhave started moving in migration.=
&nbsp=3B Especially the woods warblers=2C veeries and blue-headed vireos.&n=
bsp=3B This was especially obvious&nbsp=3Bfrom Walden=2C through to Woodsto=
ck=2C and into Mahone Bay and at the Fauxburg Trail.&nbsp=3B Hermit thrushe=
s=2C Eastern Wood&nbsp=3BPewees and Red-eyed vireos still seem to be strong=
ly on territory and there are still a few warblers who likely are late nest=
ers on territory yet.&nbsp=3B One common yellowthroat especially.&nbsp=3B A=
 male who came out and flew around me and then&nbsp=3Bdid the broken wing t=
hing making a total circle around my feet and then trying to lead me away=
=2C staying in close proximity until I was away from the nest site.&nbsp=3B=
 <BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>James R. Hirtle<BR>Bridgewater&nbsp=3B<br id=3D"FontBreak"=

--_1b23de34-2076-46b7-a7e5-1aabb2b2dc42_--