[NatureNS] Bird book recommendation

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 09:50:52 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a11c34e32734f1504e22d3f87

I agree with Eric. The Collins and Princeton guides are the same book -
Collins is the UK publisher and Princeton is the US publisher. The 2nd
edition is better than the 1st. It's not available on Kindle yet, but
apparently it's going to be - don't know when though. It's out of stock at
Amazon, so you may have to do some searching. It's certainly available at
the better bookstores in central London if you're going there.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--001a11c34e32734f1504e22d3f87

e same book - Collins is the UK publisher and Princeton is the US publisher=
. The 2nd edition is better than the 1st. It&#39;s not available on Kindle =
yet, but apparently it&#39;s going to be - don&#39;t know when though. It&#=
39;s out of stock at Amazon, so you may have to do some searching. It&#39;s=
 certainly available at the better bookstores in central London if you&#39;=
re going there.<div>

=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Eric L. Mills <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:e.mills@dal.ca" target=3D"_blank">e.mills@da=

x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

Gail - <i>Birds of Europe</i> (Princeton) is by far the best. It is availab=
le in soft covers, making it=20
quite carryable. Check to see if there is an electronic version and you mig=
ht be able to take it=20
in a Tablet, Kobo etc.</span></font>
Eric</span></font>
On 23 Jul 2013 at 8:16, Gail Bruhm wrote:</span></font>
&gt; </span></font>
&gt; I am looking for some assistance</span></font>
&gt; I would like to get a field guide for birds of Europe</span></font>
&gt; I have had the loan of the Peterson. I would prefer to have the maps</=
span></font>
&gt; on the page with the </span></font>
&gt; birds.</span></font>
&gt; I have checked out Birds of Europe (Princeton) which has the maps</spa=
n></font>
&gt; but it is quite heavy.</span></font>
&gt; I cannot locate Collins by Lars Svensson to have a look.</span></font>
&gt; Any recommendations would be appreciated</span></font>
&gt; Gail Bruhm</span></font>
&gt; </span></font>
&gt; </span></font>
<i><br>