[NatureNS] Goldfinches on territory

From: Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 16:50:36 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Today, for the first time this year,  I really noticed our late nesting American Goldfinches belting out their "brief songs (summer territory)" as Sibley's dubs them. It is more defined and less rambling than the usual AMGO tune. Listen to it on a bird app or Cornell. I wasn't sure what was singing at first until I clued in.

This was observed at an abandoned field and several Xmas tree farms in Lakeview, nr E Dalhousie, Kings Co.

Nancy

Sent from my iPhone