[NatureNS] Silent or migrating warblers

From: Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 06:13:45 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I noticed a big difference this week compared to last. The woods are very silent. The most obvious absence is the Parulas. They were everywhere 7 days ago, singing, but I have heard not one these past few days. Ditto for Ovenbirds, Yellow-Rumps, Redstarts, B&Ws, Magnolias and Black Throated Blue Warblers. All I am hearing is Yellowthroats and a few Bl Throated Greens in the warbler world.

E Dalhousie, Kings Co is very inland. Basically at the intersection of Kings, Annapolis and Lun Counties. Do the warblers move to more peripheral areas now or are they just silent?

Anyone noticing related changes in other locations?

Nancy

Sent from my iPhone