[NatureNS] Wooly Bear ?

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 10:50:34 -0300

Thanks Jim,                                Aug 5, 2013
    Is a pupal case usually split up the back when a moth emerges ?

    Provided it does not take much time I may try to rear some; am thinking
along lines of a plastic cylinder made from a 7-cm diam. pill bottle with
top & bottom removed, a shelf about 3 cm up made of a grid of nylon string,
the lower 3 cm with 3 vents made by cutting away 3 curved archways to form 3
1-cm high legs, the cylinder with 3 cocoons, placed on the ground away from
full sunlight and covered with a glass bottle. I have an old open-pan
balance to detect spent cocoons.
    Have I missed something ?
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville