[NatureNS] Mallard flying lessons?

From: Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 06:50:58 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Before dawn this morning I heard a lot of quacking and crashing splashes along different parts of the lakeshore on both sides of the camp (E Dalhousie, Kings Co).

Once it got light enough to see, I saw that it was Mallards causing the noise when one came smashing into the water out front, quacking away all the time. When it heard another duck farther down the shore it immediately paddled off in that direction.

Could this be young learning how to fly?

Nancy
Sent from my iPhone