[NatureNS] Few insects; CCD

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 20:32:55 -0300

Hi All,                                    Aug 14, 2013
    I wish to make a few additional comments about the Plos One paper;
Pettis et al., 2013.

    Firstly, so far as I know CCD relates to Honey Bees only and
circumstances that may be involved with CCD are not relevant to insect
populations in general.

    This paper may turn out be valid. The real test is reproducibility. Will
it be possible to obtain essentially the same results in each of 5 years
using the same or different fields ? Time will tell.

Yt, Dave Webster Kentville